This product is currently sold out.
- Nutritional Information
“Kick gluten off the guest list. Show dairy the door!”
Our brand new Let's Celebrate Chocolate Cake Kit contains everything you need to create the perfect party centrepiece for everyone to enjoy. The kit comes complete with chocolate cake mix, chocolate icing, rainbow sprinkles and writing icing for your own personalised message. All you need to add is dairy free spread or butter, eggs or egg replacer, and a splash of water. It's as easy as that!
Good to know
GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE
SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS
CAN BE MADE EGG FREE
Typical ValuesPer 100g (when prepared according to instructions, iced and decorated.)Per 94g (when prepared according to instructions, iced and decorated.)Energy
- of which saturates
- of which sugars
Fibre 1.9g 1.8g Protein 3.9g 3.7g Salt 0.43g 0.40g
Chocolate Sponge Mix (54%), Chocolate Icing Sugar (33%), Icing Sugar (10%), Multi Coloured Sugar Decorations (2.5%). Chocolate Sponge Mix contains: Sugar, Rice Flour, Cocoa Powder, Potato Starch, Tapioca Starch, Raising Agents (Disodium Diphosphate, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate, Calcium Sulphate), Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum). Chocolate Icing Sugar contains: Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Maize Starch. Icing Sugar contains: Sugar, Maize Starch. Multi Coloured Sugar Decorations contain: Sugar, Potato Starch, Maltodextrin (derived from maize), Olive Oil, Colours (Paprika Extract, Curcumin, Anthocyanins, Beetroot Red), Spirulina Concentrate.
Store in a cool, dry place away from strong light and odours.
Baking instructionsYou'll need:
For the cake mix:
- 180g dairy free spread (or butter)
- 3 large eggs or egg replacer
- 40ml cold water
- 100g dairy free spread (or butter)
- 2tsp water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C (160C fan assisted/gas mark 4). Grease and line the base of two 20cm (8 inch) tins with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the cake mix, dairy free spread (or butter), eggs (or egg replacer) and water into a bowl. Beat together with an electric whisk for 15 secs. Stop, scrape down the bowl and mix for a further 10 secs.
3. Divide the mixture between the two tins and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 mins until springy to the touch. Leave to cool in the tins for 5 mins before turning out and leaving to cool completely.
4. For the chocolate icing, tip the large bag of icing sugar into a bowl and add the dairy free spread (or butter). Mix together until you have a smooth, creamy icing.
5. Spoon 2tbsp chocolate icing onto one of the cakes and spread evenly to the edges. Place the second cake on top and secure by pressing down lightly.
6. Using the remaining chocolate icing, cover the edges and top of the cake a smooth it over.
7. For the writing icing, carefully cut the top of the icing bag (this will become your piping bag), empty the icing sugar into a bowl and mix in the water.
8. Pour the icing back into the sachet, cut a spall hole in one corner and pipe your special message in the centre of the cake.
9. Finish the cake by sprinkling the decorations around the top of the cake.